We're recruiting... Marketing Manager
Tenure: Part-time / Freelance
Location: Redbourn, St Albans, Hertfordshire
Start Date: ASAP
TrainingU is a leading and well respected Training Provider to both the public and private sector in the UK. They specialise in the design, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of subjects from IT applications to Professional Development.
TrainingU is a small business, working with many well-known brands which is testament of their strong work ethic and exceptional customer service.
They are committed to help all their employees to achieve their personal goals and ambitions both inside and outside of work.
The Marketing Manager position is a newly created position to help TrainingU take their Marketing to the next level. This is full mix B2B standalone role. Working closely with Sales and reporting directly to the MD, you will be responsible for both the marketing strategy and execution ensuring each stakeholder dealing with TrainingU has a positive experience in line with the company values.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Creating a Marketing strategy
- Designing marketing material for the Sales team
- Lead generation
- Brand development
- Preparing online and offline collateral
- Event management
- Ad hoc projects
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the Marketing Strategy, working with external agents, industry partners and customers. All marketing activities should be monitored for value for money and return on investment.
- Develop TrainingU’s Marketing Strategy;
- Review company’s core messaging;
- Maintain and develop a strong brand ensuring company brand guidelines are adhered to on all internal and external communications;
- Review the look and feel for all marketing literature and work with external agency to devise marketing literature;
- Develop, coordinate and grow TrainingU’s social media profile:
- Review TrainingU’s LinkedIn company profile and proactively develop the company’s use of LinkedIn to engage key customer groups;
- Manage TrainingU’s Twitter account and develop this channel to better engage with audience;
- Develop and maintain TrainingU’s Facebook page;
- Write SEO friendly content and copy, as well as uploading news articles and company news features in order to maintain brand awareness;
- Use appropriate online tools and software (Google Analytics, HootSuite, Rival IQ etc.) to track and monitor digital marketing performance;
- Prepare monthly reports on key digital marketing metrics with analysis, commentary and recommendations for further improvements;
- Coordination of video / photo shoots in order to produce marketing and training material:
- Create and maintain a new branded company video channel;
- Using the above, coordinate the delivery and posting of new video content across TrainingU’s social media platforms and website.
- Ensure that all content on TrainingU’s website is kept up-to-date and current via the site content management system (CMS) with the assistance of external agency;
- Oversee and maintain the effective use of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO);
- Oversee and develop the effective use of Google Adwords;
- Manage the creation and production of all customer communications activity within the business, from creative brief through to sign off and production;
- Work with the Sales Manager to segment TrainingU’s existing email contacts and create targeted email marketing lists;
- Coordinate the design and delivery of a new E-newsletter design template;
- Develop relevant E-newsletter content and manage quarterly email marketing campaigns to key target email lists;
- Manage the quality of all email marketing lists and proactively develop new email contacts to add to each list on a monthly basis;
- Work with the Sales team with regards to Point of Sale materials;
- Execution of targeted campaigns to improve customer loyalty and frequency of visits;
- Create and design email marketing campaigns for both new and lapsed customers / clients;
- Plan and coordinate events throughout the year which raise the company profile;
- Preparation of feasibility's and cost analysis for all promotional activities;
- Manage the marketing budget ensuring an efficient and effective use of resources, maximising return on investment;
- Build strong relationships with Sponsors, third party organisations and building partnerships.
The Marketing Manager must have a proven track record in B2B marketing and preferably be from a corporate background. They must have an excellent understanding of marketing principles both digital and traditional with a strong background working with sales/ in a sales culture and focusing on ROI.
They must be able to develop and implement a Marketing Strategy and have a balance between creative flair and analytical skills. They should be a good role model presenting a professional image in line with the TrainingU brand which includes dress code and behaviour both internally and externally.
They must be willing to adapt and be flexible working in a small business environment.
- Good MS Office and Photoshop;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Excellent social media platform skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with Stakeholders;
- A commitment to continuing professional and personal development;
- Ability to prove that they can thrive in a standalone role;
- Ability to use initiative and work without supervision;
- A good role model;
- Good problem solving skills combined with a "can do" attitude;
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and high level of accuracy;