We're recruiting... Head of Learning and Development
TrainingU is a leading, well respected UK training provider to both the public and private sector. They specialise in the design and delivery of a broad range of training courses including Management & Leadership, Personal Impact & Effectiveness, Customer Service & Sales, Finance and Microsoft & Adobe Applications.
Job Purpose / Main Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to drive the development and delivery strategy of our L&D offering to our client base.
You will develop the strategic direction of our offering as well as the processes and resources to deliver it.
Reporting into the MD, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review the current portfolio of “soft skills” courses and make recommendations for improvements;
- Propose and assist in the development and implement any other new courses that may be complimentary to the TrainingU core portfolio;
- Design and deliver exciting new blended and experiential learning programmes;
- Work with clients to develop and deliver bespoke learning programmes;
- Ensure all courses have associated support materials;
- Deliver approximately 8-12 days of training per month;
- Support the full training cycle for clients; training needs analysis, design, delivery and evaluation of learning programmes;
- Manage and grow pool of associate trainers to enhance UK coverage; recruit associate trainers and complete on-boarding induction; observe trainer’s courses to ensure a consistent high level of training delivery is achieved;
- Keep trainers updated with Training U’s news; organise integration events for trainers to attend;
- Research and propose a solution to move course materials from PDF format onto e-format, cloud hosted for on-demand/mobile device access;
- Support the sales team by attending client meetings to identify needs and match appropriate learning solutions to maximise profitability;
- Support the Marketing Communications Coordinator by writing regular blog posts and gather content for monthly newsletter
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced facilitator with a background of delivering Leadership, Management and Personal Effectiveness learning programmes to both senior and junior people equally well;
- Strategic and creative thinker with excellent and well-developed management skills to lead the L&D function across the UK;
- Creative designer of new programmes and innovate with a fresher, more client focused and engaging modes of learning;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an inventive and enthusing high impact delivery style;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with a positive approach and able to adapt to change in all aspects of the role;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current learning techniques with a proven application of usage;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Strong relationship building skills and proficient at adapting communication style to understand the client’s needs and recommend an appropriate solution;
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, whilst able to have a flexible approach when circumstances require;
- PC literate and is competent with Microsoft packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
If you are an experienced Learning and Development facilitator seeking a new challenge, then you may be the unique individual we are looking for.
Tenure: Full Time
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Start Date: ASAP