We're recruiting... Business Development Manager
Tenure: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Redbourn, St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary: Good basic plus OTE
Start Date: ASAP
TrainingU is a leading and well respected Training Provider to both the public and private sector in the UK. They specialise in the design, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of subjects from IT applications to Professional Development.
TrainingU is a small business, working with many well-known brands which is testament of their strong work ethic and exceptional customer service.
They are committed to help all their employees to achieve their personal goals and ambitions both inside and outside of work.
The position will involve sourcing and contacting new target audiences and presenting in-house and public training capabilities.
This is the ideal role for a highly motivated and enthusiastic professional, who has the drive and commitment to make a difference within a small business.
In return, you will be offered an attractive salary, exciting commission scheme, excellent training and the opportunity to grow and manage a sales team.
- Take ownership of and manage the sales process through to completion;
- Follow up inbound leads/enquiries and convert to sales;
- Research and develop your own pipeline;
- Research and execute Tender opportunities;
- Generate new business opportunities to build up a portfolio of new clients;
- Build relationships with existing customers with a view to gaining up-sell opportunities;
- Cold-calling and meeting in-person, target audiences;
- Attend exhibitions and networking events to raise the company profile;
- Manage part time Sales person;
- Work with the Marketing Manager to segment TrainingU’s existing email contacts and create targeted email marketing lists;
- Work with other members of staff to uncover sales opportunities;
- Help grow the business by achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly targets and working towards the overall sales targets of the company;
- Maintain accurate records and produce meaningful sales reporting;
The Business Development Manager must have a proven track record in B2B selling and preferably selling into corporate companies. They will have been in business for at least 10 years with a minimum of two years’ experience within a training capacity.
They must be able to develop and implement a Sales Strategy, have a consultative style of selling and not be fazed by engaging with senior members of staff.
They should be a good role model presenting a professional image in line with the TrainingU brand which includes dress code and behaviour both internally and externally.
They must be willing to adapt and be flexible working in a small business environment.
- Naturally, you 're charismatic, bright, articulate and presentable;
- You will be a proven ‘sales closer’ with a minimum of 2 years' experience within the Training industry;
- Proven and successful experience of selling face to face and via the telephone;
- Experience of writing and submitting proposals and tenders;
- Thrive in a target driven environment;
- Excellent understanding of the sales process and consultative sales techniques;
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities;
- 1st class verbal and written communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent personal presentation and written/PowerPoint presentation skills;
- Good understanding of using LinkedIn;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel;
- You will have a strong work ethic, you will be enthusiastic, ambitious and business minded with the ability to influence and engage key decision makers;
- Personal motivation and attitude;
- Adapting and responding to change;
- Resilient and able to cope with pressured situations;
- Willing to go the extra mile