- Category: Shortcut Keys
- Created: Thursday, 24 February 2011 11:25
Imagine there is something displayed on your screen that you would like to show someone else. Instead of trying to recall what was there, why not just take a copy of the screen image? That way, you can file or send them a file / email with the image attached. This process is commonly referred to as a “screen dump”
- When the relevant screen is displayed – press the Print Screen key on your keyboard (commonly to the top right of most keyboards) – nothing appears to happen initially.
- Move to an application such as Word or Paint or maybe even open a new email.
- Then, use Paste (Edit /Paste or Right click Paste) – an image of the entire screen will now appear in your new document.
Window/ Dialogue Box Printing
- If you only wanted to show a dialogue box (as opposed to the entire screen) hold the ALT key down when you press the Print Screen button – the image then is taken of just the dialogue box.