- Category: Microsoft Word
- Created: Monday, 26 September 2016 14:38
To add impact to your document lists, you may wish to create a custom bullet to display in your company colours, or use a different symbol or use a picture.
To create your own bullet style
- Create a simple list of items (all at one level).
- Select the entire list.
- Click the down arrow on the Bullet icon, to show predefined bullets and the bullet menu:
- Choose Define New Bullet… to open the dialog box below:
- Click the Symbol… button, choose an appropriate font and symbol to use as the bullet character (the Wingdings font family is most commonly used, it has a wide variety of symbols to choose from).
- Click the Picture… button, you can choose a picture from Word ClipArt, from your computer, or from the internet.
Bullets are generally small in size, so be aware when using pictures, they may not show as expected.
- Click the Font… button, to change the bullet’s character font size and colour.
- Under Alignment, choose from left, centred or right.
- Click OK to return to the list.