- Category: Microsoft Outlook
- Created: Monday, 29 February 2016 15:55
Have you ever clicked SEND on an email and instantly regretted it? Well worry no more, as it might be possible for you to recall your message back, as long as the recipient(s) who are using Outlook have not read the message or moved it out of their Inbox. Here's what to do...
Note: This feature is not always available as it requires you to be using Exchange Server - most home and personal accounts do not use Microsoft Exchange. The recipient of the email message must also be using a Microsoft Exchange account.
- Open the sent message from within the Sent Items folder.
- From the Message Tab on the Ribbon, click the Other Actions icon and select Recall This Message…
- The 'Recall This Message' dialog box will be displayed:
- Select the required delete option - Delete unread copies of this message OR Delete unread copies and replace with a new message.
- Select whether notification of recall success/failure is required.
- Click OK.
- The original message window will be redisplayed.
- Close the message.
You will be notified by email if the recall has been successful or failed.