- Category: Microsoft Excel
- Created: Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:24
One of the common pieces of data that you may need to input into an Excel sheet on a regular basis is the current Date or Time. Did you know that there is a quick keyboard method for entering both of these?...
- Start by clicking in a cell where you want to type the Date. On the keyboard, press Ctrl ; (semi colon) and the date will appear in the cell, press Enter to finish:
- For the Time, click in a new cell and press Ctrl Shift ; (semi colon) and the time will appear in the cell, press Enter to finish and the current time will appear:
- The Date and the Time is entered as text, just like you have typed it yourself, they do not update automatically. But using this keyboard method of entering them will save you so much time and typing!