- Category: Microsoft Excel
- Created: Wednesday, 03 January 2018 10:24
We all know about the incredibly useful AutoSum tool on the Home ribbon, but did you know you can also add up a column or row by using a keyboard shortcut...
- Open a sheet that contains numbers to be totalled up, arranged in either columns or rows:
- Click in an empty cell under the figures to be added or in an empty cell to the right of the figures to be totalled
- On the keyboard, press ALT = the Sum formulae will be entered:
- The Autosum function should automatically select the figures above or to the left to total
- Press Return to see the total
By using the ALT = keyboard method of entering the Sum function it should speed up the most common type of calculation in Excel.