- Category: Microsoft Excel
- Created: Friday, 12 August 2016 16:45
You have hundreds if not thousands of data entries in an Excel spreadsheet column, but how can you create a separate list showing only the unique entries and not all the duplicates?
To create this unique list, we will use the example data in the column below – Figure A.
- Select the entire column of data or select a range of data that you want to extract the unique entries.
- From the ribbon bar select Data, then click Advanced from the Sort & Filter group.
- From the Advanced Filter dialog box, ensure the following options are selected – Figure B:
- Action = Copy to another location
- List range = the full list of duplicated data
- Copy to: = the new cell location
- Unique records only = ticked
- Click OK.
The unique list of entries will be created in the new column location – Figure C.