Train the Trainer
This workshop is for anyone who is planning on delivering training modules and workshops.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to analyse in detail the stages needed to create a structured plan before delivering training and to be aware of presentation techniques that work well with the audience.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - Training Research and Planning
- - Learning Styles and Techniques
- - Understanding Delegate's Body Language
- - Personal Presentation Techniques
- - Self Awareness and Internal Feedback
- - The day will be split into two as follows, with a period between the two sessions for preparation:
- - Day 1 - will cover the theory and techniques needed to deliver confident training.
- - Day 2 - a practical session with individual feedback.
At the end of the workshop, the participants should be able to:
- - Look at the characteristics you need to be an effective trainer and the realities of leading a course.
- - Understand adult learning principles.
- - Utilise training methods to deliver an effective and interesting training programme e.g. by demonstration, role play, lecture etc.
- - Use exercises, audio and visual aids appropriately.
- - Plan and develop your training course.
- - Room set-up
- - Deliver the training according to your plan.
- - Use presentation techniques and learn how to pace the course.
- - Use listening, questioning and observations skills to get the most from your delegates.
- - Identify and handle crisis in the training room and deal with 'difficult' participants.
- - Draw the training to a close using testing and assessing techniques.
- - Evaluate training effectiveness and ways to incorporate training into the workplace.
- - Internal feedback on personal appearance and first impression.