Preparing and Facilitating Effective Meetings
Improved time management by preparing for meetings effectively in a more structured and meaningful way. Clarifying objectives and standards and removing the fear for many people when confronted with the task of agenda setting. It equips delegates with ideas for successful preparation, listening, analysis and note-making and introduces them to the principles of clear, effective writing. Understand the key steps to structure a meeting, and the skills and tools that are needed to stay on track of the agenda.
Recognise the critical planning steps that make meeting time more effective. Delegates will be able to conduct meetings in a structured process.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - The role and responsibilities of a Chairperson and Minute Taker
- - Understand the purpose and importance for meetings
- - Have clear guidelines for the preparation and structure
- - Tasks needed to prepare for a meeting: people, tools and resources
- - Different styles of agendas and individual benefits
- - Common obstacles to effective listening
- - Ensure effective and equal participation
- - Apply skills in facilitating and leading meetings including focussing the discussion
- - Methods for preventing and responding to challenging situations
- - Preferred note-taking style
- - Select the important and relevant points from a discussion
- - What follow-up is necessary when a meeting has been concluded