Introduction to Mindfulness
It can be easy to rush through life without stopping to notice much. Paying more attention to the present moment - to your own thoughts and feelings, and to the world around you can improve your mental wellbeing.
The practice of Mindfulness helps us to pay attention to the present moment without judgement, using techniques to encourage a mindful way of life so that instead of being overwhelmed by thoughts and emotions we pay attention in the moment to ensure we’re better able to stay focused, energised and calm.
Through cultivating mindful awareness, we discover how to live each day in a ‘being’ way rather than brooding about the past or becoming anxious about the future. Benefits of Mindfulness:
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression
- Improved relationships
- Improved motivation and retention
- Increased performance
- Increased focus and attention
- State of calm and ability to work through challenges
- Improved creativity, innovation and thought
By the end of this workshop you will be able to describe the fundamentals of Mindfulness before learning and taking your practice to a more earnest level. You will learn how to practice ‘being in the moment’ and the blockages we can have that stops us from this. You will learn a level of self-awareness to identify how basic Mindfulness techniques will help you deal with barriers to a mindful life and allow you to focus yourself in a positive way when faced with stressful situations and unhelpful thoughts and mind-sets.
This workshop will be facilitated by our certified Mindfulness Teacher with a coaching approach allowing you to explore answers for yourself in a safe environment where there is no right or wrong approach or judgment.
You are not required to adopt any particular religious beliefs or philosophy to learn Mindfulness.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - How did I get here? - Being in automatic Pilot
- - How do I breathe? - Breathing mindfully with practice
- - Paying attention to all of me – Sounds and thoughts meditation
- - Learning to play again – put away your gadgets!
- - Let’s get moving… slowly! Mindfulness of the breath and of the body in movement
- - Supermarket/Traffic queue frustration - Responding instead of reacting and staying present
- - Allowing and letting be - remembering thoughts are not facts
- - How can I best take care of myself? - Acceptance and change and maintaining a balance in life