Assertive Communication Skills
This course is aimed at anyone who needs to communicate, whether internally or externally. It develops the skills and the confidence to assert your opinions and proposals in a way that is accepted by the listener. For anyone who lacks the skills to stand up and make their voice heard this course will help them understand their own communication style and how that might impact on others. It will provide communication and influencing tools to help present your case as well as preparing you for when the challenges come. This workshop is also valuable for those who are confident in asserting their opinions but would like to do it in a more effective, motivating way.
Delegates will become more confident, assertive and influential in communications.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - How to communicate effectively with different styles
- - Matching and mirroring body language
- - Understanding information processing preferences (AVK)
- - Assessing the power individuals use to influence
- - How to structure recommendations to get your manager’s support
- - Identification of your natural preference
- - How to become more assertive
- - Open questions
- - Precision questions
- - Spin questions
- - The 5P model
- - Pre-empting objections
- - Removing defensiveness when overcoming objections
- - The main causes of conflict
- - Responding to open hostility
- - Responding to observed hostility
- - Types of close – Assumptive, Alternate, Columbo