This course will cover the practical skills needed for successful interviewing. Delegates will understand the stages of carrying out effective interviews to attract the best candidates for the job. A well conducted interview can significantly increase chances of success and this course will help you to carry out a professional, structured selection process.
This workshop will provide delegates with a structure for recruiting competent people into the organisation. This course will look at the process from defining the job role, to the interview and selection decision.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training, we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - The cost of recruitment and staff turnover.
- - Identifying the causes of poor recruitment.
- - Strategies for effective recruitment practice.
- - Prepare and update job descriptions and person specifications.
- - Analysing application forms and CV's.
- - Understand the procedures and guidelines for shortlisting.
- - Decide when to use assessment and psychometric testing to support decisions.
- - Assess candidate suitability and outlining doubts before making the final decision.
- - Action planning to prepare for an induction process.
- - Techniques for opening the interview.
- - Questioning the candidate.
- - Closing the interview.
- - Putting it all together.