Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
To ensure that the delivery of services, staff relations and management support demonstrate and reflect the principles of equality into practice and respect and dignity at work.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be aware of the definition and benefits of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Understand the legal framework and implications in relation to Bullying and Harassment within the context of organisational responsibility and individual responsibility
- Explore the context of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion into organisation’s processes and practices
- Consider the impact of making assumptions and stereotyping, in relation to behaviour and language – Model of Assumption
- Identify and differentiate the difference between effective interaction and bullying and harassment using the ‘I’ factor - Intention vs Impact Model
- Become more equipped in taking responsibility for challenging inappropriate behaviour and nipping it in the bud
The courses will be adaptable to meet the needs of the participants and will be participative. Due to the expertise and experience of the facilitator, queries will be responded to in a sensitive and understanding manner. Taking into consideration that the concept of Respect and Dignity and its incorporation into good work practice can be highly emotive, the training style and method will model the concept of respect and dignity.
- - Draw on the knowledge and expertise of the trainer
- - Focus on productive staff relations and effective service delivery
- - Consider the value of effective interaction skills with staff, managers and other stakeholders
- - Include case law, anecdotes, vignettes and anonymous ‘true life’ situations. Work within the frame of legislation and good practice