This course demonstrates the essential process and techniques to those with the responsibility for delivering appraisals. It allows time for delegates to consider the company's framework and specific appraisal techniques to conduct a professional appraisal. Delegates will also reflect on methods on how to address any performance issues positively.
Identify processes that create an effective framework to facilitate performance and development appraisals.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training, we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - Discuss the benefits of holding regular performance reviews.
- - Understanding the process, purpose, and value of appraisals.
- - Understanding the value of the pre-appraisal reports and paperwork.
- - Analysing and discussing what is expected of the appraiser.
- - Planning and preparing a confident appraisal.
- - Initiating the discussion, measuring objectives with competencies.
- - Using techniques to gather accurate information, interpret the message and make decisions.
- - Identifying the five appraiser's skills needed to deliver a confident appraisal.
- - Techniques to enable the appraisee to design appropriate solutions to challenges.
- - How to structure any follow up meeting and feedback sessions.
- - Identify when individual's performance requires further support and guidance.