Coaching to Improve Performance
This course will cover the key skills and capability to coach others in their organisation. To help delegates be confident to act as a coach, developing people's performance in their work roles and supporting them in their career development and personal growth. It will be a highly interactive and practical course, with lots of opportunities for participating in discussions and exercises.
To enable delegates to understand how coaching can improve performance and support individuals to develop themselves and their careers.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training, we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - Differentiating between counselling, mentoring and coaching and identifying the boundaries.
- - Good practice in coaching.
- - Recognise the importance of self-awareness for effective coaching.
- - Build strong coaching relationships.
- - Different models of learning styles e.g. Kolb's learning cycle, GROW model, NLP and other psycho-social models.
- - Recognise the importance of empathic listening.
- - Know how to phrase coaching questions and when to use these.
- - Personal beliefs and values, the source and effect on attitudes and behaviours.
- - Establish what directive and non-directive behaviours are, and identify when it is appropriate to use these.
- - Practice techniques to gain experience in coaching others.
- - Learning outcomes from feedback and personal reflections.