Aspiring Managers: Preparing for Management
This course is designed for those individuals aspiring to management. It will equip delegates with the essential skills and knowledge to transition successfully from employee to manager and inspire individuals to become effective people managers and the workforce of the future.
On completion of this course, attendees will know how to transition from employee to manager and understand the expectations and responsibilities of a manager. Delegates will also be able to control an increased workload and responsibility through maximising time efficiently and prioritising tasks effectively.
Complete a survey, read an article and come prepared with specific scenarios and thoughts about great managers you have encountered.
- - The impact good managers have
- - Inspiring discretionary effort in others
- - The differences between management and leadership
- - The mind-set transition required from employee to manager
- - Good manager traits
- - The 4 areas of management responsibility: Planning, organising, controlling and motivating
- - Overview of what a manager does (not teaching):
- - Managing talent
- - Giving teams a purpose
- - Setting clear targets and goals
- - Coaching and mentoring as a process
- - Giving performance feedback
- - Task prioritisation – deciding which tasks to focus on
- - Adapting quickly to changing priorities
- - Planning for more effective use of time
TrainingU can work with you to develop a bespoke Aspiring Managers Programme for your employees.
A programme will further equip your employees with 360º knowledge, skills and confidence to perform as a manager as well as become inspiring role models and effective leaders within your organisation.
Recommended subjects include:
- Personal Presence & Impact
- Building Resilience
- Relating to Others & Becoming More Assertive
Ask our team for further information.
or visit ourOnline Chat