Finance for Senior Managers and Directors
After this course you will gain a strategic understanding of finance management. You will learn to analyse, set objectives against KPIs, appraise ROIs. You will also be able to confidently plan, forecast, budget and communicate on high level financial matters.
This gives us useful insight into the viewpoints of stakeholders, bank lenders and business partners, and operational directors with responsibility for performance, all of whom use different measures of performance.
On completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Be more involved in the corporate forecasting and budgeting cycle.
- Perform a financial review and draft a business plan.
- Understand and manage the way figures can be manipulated.
- Think about financial strategy instead of just the numbers.
- Use key ratios to monitor business performance.
- Financially appraise business proposals.
- Effectively communicate at a more senior level with financial concepts.
- - What makes a strategic thinker in finance?
- - Analyse the profit and loss account and balance sheet.
- - Use key ratios for comparing organisational performance, health and effectiveness.
- - Internal and external financial and business analysis.
- - Quantify the financial and business risk behind new and existing projects.
- - Successfully create a business plan.
- - Better forecasting and budgeting.
- - Communicate financially.
- - Cash flow forecasts, payback period and cost-benefit analysis.
- - Negotiate the budget process with flair.