Microsoft Excel VBA Stage 1
This course is designed to introduce the macro recorder and the VBA editing environment.
Delegates will learn how to write simple procedures and modify recorded code. The course is suitable for those who need to create VBA procedures from scratch and those who have inherited more complex ones and need to understand how they work. The course also provides the foundation for developing your VBA skills further on stage 2.
Attendees should have a very sound knowledge of Excel and be a regular user.
Courses are delivered in 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016.
- - VBA or Macros?
- - What it can be used for
- - Developer tab
- - Filing
- - Macro Security
- - Naming Macros
- - Assigning Shortcuts
- - Absolute and Relative Recording
- - Where macros are stored
- - Personal Macro Workbook
- - Shortcut keys
- - Quick Access Toolbar
- - Worksheets buttons and shapes
- - Ribbons
- - Overview of the VB Editor
- - Projects and the Project Explorer
- - Properties and Code Windows
- - Understanding the code structure
- - Simple edits
- - Calling procedures
- - Step Intro, Over, Out
- - Setting Breakpoints
- - Editing code while Stepping
- - Dealing with Runtime errors
- - Procedures, Subroutines, Macros, Functions
- - Objects, Methods, Properties
- - Dimensioning
- - Option Explicit
- - Data Types
- - Scope
- - Locals and Watch Windows
- - Single line
- - Blocked If
- - Logical expressions
- - Creating an Interactive Message Box
- - Creating a Custom Input Box