Effective Written Communication
This workshop can be delivered as either a half of full day. On the full day workshop, greater depth on spelling, punctuation and grammar can be covered, and more time is given to providing feedback on the written exercises.
To enhance your written communication.
On completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe what works in written communication
- Describe good practice for emails
- List what makes a good business letter
- Understand how to respond to complaints
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- - You as the customer: what you like to see in written communication. How does yours compare?
- - Impact of written style and the image you and your organisation wish to portray.
- - The crucial difference between written and verbal communication.
- - The importance of understanding the customer’s expectation and establishing rapport.
- - Do you email effectively?
- - 12 tips for good email practice.
- - Purpose of letters
- - Typical formats
- - Thinking about what you want to say: 5WH.
- - Focusing the content: the SCRAP acronym.
- - How might complaints be a useful tool for development?
- - How would you want someone to receive your complaint?
- - Tips on how to structure a reply.
- - The consequence of errors and how to avoid them.
- - Guide to punctuation.