Dealing with Difficult Customers
This course is designed to help staff to develop the skills and confidence for dealing with the difficult situations they can face in their workplace. This course will give staff the confidence to handle difficult and challenging situations.
By the end of this workshop you will have a new perspective on the confrontations you face in daily life. Leave with techniques to help you avoid getting into conflict. Understand your own response and find practical ways to move forwards.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - Understand the cycle of conflict.
- - Identify your own communication style and learn how to avoid conflict when dealing with different communication styles.
- - Become aware of your own default reaction to difficult situations. Learn how to manage your reactions to achieve a positive outcome.
- - Learn how to deal with difficult behaviour using the LEAPS model.
- - Understand how active listening and empathy will help to diffuse a difficult situation.
- - Learn about Patterns of Pentimento and understand the power of non-verbal communication. Learn how to switch from credible to approachable to help diffuse difficult situations.
- - Learn techniques for expressing yourself assertively in difficult situations.
- - Recognise positive and negative behaviour indicators and understand the behaviours that are required to manage a range of situations.
- - Understand how to deliver a professional customer experience through language and achieve a win / win outcome through the spoken word.