Becoming a Sales 'Questioning Skills Champion'
(Can be customised to half day)
Good questions, 'funnelling' and 'pain-stacking' are the hallmarks of a fantastic sales call. So why are they so rarely deployed effectively? Many salespeople believe the sale occurs whilst they are talking about so called benefits. In reality it is during the questioning, exploratory phase that a prospect is won or lost. This interactive, enjoyable and impactful one day course equips salespeople with the skills to use questions not just for fact-finding but also for building the prospect's disaffection with their current reality and making 'doing nothing' seem increasingly the higher risk option.
Participants will learn to ask 'the curiosity question' formulated from the prospect's responses rather than tired, pre-prepared 'tick-box' questions that the competition ask. It will also give them to tools to not only spot potential 'pain' areas in the prospect's world but then to ask insightful 'pain-stacking' questions that build a strong motivation for action.
- - Making a good first impression
- - Building rapport with different personality types
- - Creating an opening benefit statement
- - Open Questions – for information gathering and building trust
- - Closed Questions – when to use and when NOT to
- - Why salespeople ask multiple questions and how to avoid
- - How to begin a subject 'funnel' with broad open questions
- - How to formulate questions around in-the-moment content
- - Obtaining deep disclosures by skilful funnelling
- - How Funnelling builds trust and plants the seed of the sale
- - 'Bracketing' – how to shut off the noise in your own head
- - The perils of planning your next question while the prospect is speaking
- - What active listening is and what it isn't
- - Why pain is your friend in a sales call
- - Fanning the prospect's disaffection with the 'now'
- - Identifying opportunities to stack pain
- - How to avoid killing trust by 'Diving into Solution' too early.
- - The benefits of frequent summarising
- - Using summary to finesse your pain-stacking
- - How to use the prospect's own language to great effect
- - Making the prospect salivate to hear your solution