Adobe Photoshop Foundation
(This course can be tailored for one day)
This course is aimed at new and novice users of Adobe PhotoShop
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to confidently begin using PhotoShop to manipulate images and photographs and prepare them for print or the web
Familiarity with Windows or Macs
Courses are delivered in CS5, CS6, CC.
- - Differentiate between raster and vector graphics, Work with navigation tools, Customize the Photoshop environment and menus
- - Exploring Adobe Bridge, Opening and Saving files into different formats and creating new files
- - Determine display and print resolution, resampling, cropping images, RGB and CMYK colour models, Colour management, creating Duotones, Defining Foreground and Background colours, using the Colour Picker, Colour palette and Swatches palette
- - Altering brightness/contrast and colour balance, using histograms, using the Auto commands
- - Using the Marquee and Lasso tools and the Magic Wand, Feathering, Modifying, Transforming and Saving selections.
- - Using the following tools"Clone stamp, Healing brush, Spot healing brush and Patch tool, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Sharpening tools and the Eraser
- - Creating layers, merging, flattening, linking and locking layers, creating adjustment layers and using layer styles
- - Creating Point and Paragraph type, Character and Paragraph settings, creating Type effects
- - Converting selections to Paths, using the Pen tool and exporting Paths
- - Quick mask mode, the Channels palette and using Layer Masks
- - Saving images for use in print applications, the web and PDF.