Adobe Illustrator Foundation
At the end of this course you will be able to confidently begin creating new visually compelling design layouts and output them successfully to PDF.
Familiarity with Windows or Mac OS.
Courses are delivered in CS5, CS6, CC.
What will I learn?
- - The Illustrator environment, Navigation techniques and using the help files
Creating a simple illustration
- - Creating a new document with multiple artboards, modifying the document setup, creating basic shapes, manipulating shapes and exporting an illustration
Working with Colour
- - Creating and applying colour to artwork, working with colour books, setting stroke options and copying object attributes with the Eyedropper tool
- - Exploring the difference between raster and vector images, basic drawing techniques using the Pen tool, selecting and editing paths, using the Blob brush
Working with text
- - Adding and styling text
- - Creating and manipulating layers
Working with fills and colours
- - Creating swatch libraries, building gradients and employing transparency effects
- - Flowing, formatting and editing type